4/17/13

Hot in Honolulu

Oi.

Here's the thing about Hawaii they don't tell you, kids--

It's hot. And not like, a tolerable kind of hot where it's nice and breezy and sunny. It's the '86 degrees with the humidity set at 500% and a magnifying glass over the sun' kind of hot.

Not a good day to wear black.

But it has put me in a good place to reminisce on the icy-cold Christmas I spent in Salem, Oregon this year. Which is good, because my current side-project MS takes place in November, in the Willamette valley.

I have a weird relationship with Oregon. My first time back was when I was 17 in September a few years ago, and it stuck with me in a big way. I haven't been able to get it out of my head.

The trees and the hills and the mountains and the trees, and the trees, it was pretty huge to me. And ever since, I've totally been enamoured with the idea of mythical and mystical critters living there. It seemed totally plausible that there would be fairies running around in the forest on the way to the coast, and white stags hiding among the trees.

Also, I was really jetlagged and dehydrated the whole trip :) 

No comments: